Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm seeing things....

I have two confessions. I am a Glee fan. I am a bigger Buffy fan. If you don't know who Buffy is, go to the store, now, and buy all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, seriously. I have been watching Buffy since I was 7 years old and it has now been off the air for almost 9 years. It really breaks my heart to say that. I am always watching reruns and I see everything that a Buffy cast member is in. One Buffy cast member stole my heart though, James Marsters. If you don't know him, which most likely if you don't know Buffy you won't know him, go on Google, look him up and be prepared to waste a couple hours starting at him. At least in my opinion. He has always been on the top of my list and as he gets older he still holds his title with me. :) He has always had signature looks that belonged to his character Spike but every once in awhile I can see it in another actor. For as long as I can remember I have dissected acting performances and facial expressions because I always wanted to be an actress, so I watched a ton of tv and always judged the actors performances. I'm very observant which an actor really has to be.

So when I was watching new videos on YouTube today and a full Glee performance from tonight's episode was up I watched it immediately. I love getting sneak peeks especially when Glee has been off the air with new episodes since before Christmas. It was a full performance of the mash up of "Moves Like Jagger" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash." I'm not a huge fan of either song but it was Glee and Artie was singing so I was definitely down to watch. Now if you know Glee, you know that Matthew Morrison plays Will Schuester, and I don't know about you other Gleeks but I am not a Will Schuester fan. I used to be because he quite good looking but his character seemed to get a little prudish and I lost my taste for him. However, the actor himself is a little more cocky and has more attitude which I found out thanks to Chelsea Handler interviewing him. I am a Matthew Morrison fan, not a Will Schuester fan.

In this video though, he won me over again. I think it was because he kept making a Spike face! The whole video made me think of Spike, aka James Marsters character in Buffy, and it made me like him again. It might not last because if he goes back to his silly, prudish ways, I'll quickly realize he is not like the bad ass Spike character I love so much. He kept doing this puckered lip thing that always made me swoon when Spike did it.

So I am on the fence about Will Schuester and this post was really just for me to point out Spike still influences TV with his oh so gorgeous and ever lasting facial expressions. I am including two picture of both of the aforementioned hotties and a link to the video. However, please if you haven't seen Glee or Buffy check it out, because you are really missing out, I beg of you. :)

Glee "Moves Like Jagger/Jumpin' Jack Flash"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJIkNN8LFOM

No comments:

Post a Comment